Every day at SIAL.school we aim to discover the best in all our pupils and challenge them to go beyond their expectations.
We recognise the importance of children being offered a variety of experiences, both inside and outside the classroom.
To complement and enhance our broad bilingual curriculum, we provide a wide variety of opportunities that promote academic, creative, physical and community achievement.
- Individual music lessons
- Year group assemblies and whole school performances and concerts
- Educational trips (London Zoo, Kew Gardens, the Water and Steam museum, Science Museum, British Museum, Museum of Brands, Harry Potter Studios, National Gallery, Design Museum, National Maritime Museum, Kentish Town City Farm, etc.)
- Weekly P.E. lessons in the park
- Forest School for EYFS
- Visitors and workshops in school
- Breadth of extra-curricular activities
- Charity Involvement
- Residential trips for Y5/6
- Involvement in national competitions e.g. Art, creative writing and poetry contests
Among the workshops hosted at our school, we are pleased to share the following examples:
- Growing readers: workshop in collaboration with The Italian Bookshop – reading aloud is the foundation for literacy development and we are very happy to host storytelling sessions to encourage our pupils to develop their interest in books and Italian literature
- Drama workshop – encouraging children to develop their confidence, concentration and social skills
- Inner Peace workshop – encouraging children and adults to achieve inner peace through play, music, visual arts and meditation
- Native Scientist workshop – where international scientists and teachers came to promote science and language learning among our children
- The right to be yourself workshop – the children learnt about The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) and the civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of every child
- Pedestrian training and Scooter training
We are also very happy to welcome our own pupils’ parents and carers to showcase and share their experience and knowledge with children in all year groups.
Contests and Competitions
As part of our learning enrichment programme we also encourage our pupils to enter local and national contests and competitions.
This Is Me Acrostics lets children explore who they are, empowering them, celebrating their uniqueness and helping them to fall in love with poetry at a young age.